PRIVY | DiY SAFETY PiN NECKLACE

|

While reading the March 2011 issue of Vogue Italia, I came across the "Wasted Luxury" editorial shot by Steven Meisel. I was so intrigued by the styling of this editorial that I studied the photos. After seeing a necklace made of safety pins on a model I was inspired to re-create the same accessory. 



What you will need:

1. Three packs of safety pins (60 count, 1 1/4 inches or longer) I got mine from Michael's
2. Wire necklace, also from Michael's
3. Patience!



How to:
First you will need to unscrew the ball at the end of the necklace.
 Then slide the safety pins onto the necklace using the circular end of the safety pins.








 ::CheckingOut::

7 comments:

Monroe Steele said...

Love the necklace its so cool and great skirt too.

xoxo Monroe

Fashion Steele NYC

Whitney Sherrell said...

I just made one of these necklaces. I fell in love with it too!

Whitney
www.MyStylishFriends.blogspot.com

DaBlackSjp said...

Good job! I like this post and pictures ;-)

I follow your blog with pleasure

http://dablacksjp.blogspot.com

Amaka said...

GORGEOUS.

baldheadsplatforms.blogspot.com
follow.comment.share.

BB said...

Very creative and stylish!!

BB said...

Very creative and stylish!!

Fashion Pad said...

Super haute necklace!!! Love the brogues paired with the skirt and tee. Fierce!

www.fashionpad.blogspot.com